MHI Immersion Trips: Fees, Costs, and Booking Travel
In-country expenses icluded in your trip fee:
- daily breakfast and some evening meals
- transportation to and from the airport and itinerary locations
- $10 Haiti entrance tax
- tips for the drivers, interpreters and guest house staff
Not included in the
- airline ticket--round trip
- mandatory travel
- personal baggage fee
- lunches and some evening meals
- crafts and souvenirs
- other pre-trip costs including but not limited to passports
Airline tickets, travel insurance and arrival in Port au Prince:
- Plane tickets vary in price, anywhere from $600 - $1000. It’s helpful to keep checking the fares frequently before booking.
- It is important to coordinate arrival and departure times in Port au Prince as there will be one airport pick-up upon arrival and one airport drop-off upon departure.
Contact your trip leader to coordinate.
- Travel insurance is mandatory and not provided by MHI. It is best to take out the insurance policy offered when you purchase your ticket,
otherwise you may pay more. The cost varies depending on your age but is usually about $50 -$70.